Christians don’t realize that words are powerful! This “confession” thing is a real Biblical law God set in motion. Even God operated in it when He created the World. Whatever He wanted, He called it into existence! WORDS ARE POWERFUL…so much that Jesus even called Himself “THE WORD.”
The Bible says in Romans 10:9, “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved.” So if confession (words) can work at changing your eternal destination, how much more can confession (words) change your present situation?! Proverbs 18:21, even says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Here are some quick points to remember about words:
- Words are God’s method of operation by which He accomplishes His will, purpose and desire.
- Words set spiritual laws in motion…either the Law of Sin & Death, or the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.
- Words are the most important things in the universe. Faith-filled words will put you over…Fear-filled words will defeat you.
- Words are spiritual containers that carry power. They either carry love and faith, or they carry hate and fear.
- Words are seeds sown with your mouth that produce after their own kind.
- Words are the process starters of life.
- Words are the building blocks with which you construct your life and future.
- Words set the cornerstones of your life.
- Words set boundaries, which confine or release you.
- Words have creative ability. They create the realities you see. God’s Word—the incorruptible seed, has within it the ability and DNA to cause itself to come to pass.
- Words program the human spirit for success or failure.
- Words of God, conceived in the heart, spoken out the mouth become a spiritual force that release faith—which is the creative ability of God.
- Words establish strongholds, break habits, change things, redirect thought patterns.
- Words point you in whatever direction they are aimed and released.
- Words set the course of your life.
- Words determine your future, your health, your wealth and your place in eternity— you are the prophet of your own life.
- Words arrive at your future before you do.
- Words create desires and transmit images that you will eventually live out.
- Words frame your world.
- Words spoken today become a living reality tomorrow.
- Words give permission and license to spiritual forces to work for you or against you.
- Words can turn around any situation.
- Words make demands on the blessing or the curse—whichever you call for.
- Words are goal setters that give direction and establish destination.
- Words are our method of operation, by which God accomplished His will, purpose and desire for our lives.
REMEMBER WHAT GOD’S WORD TELLS US… “Set a watch (guard), O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips” (Psalm 141:3).
Written by: Rev. Philip Hutchings | Lead Pastor at Higher Life Christian Centre